By Kirsty Underwood of Vitality Kitchen
Orange and chocolate would have to be one of my favourite flavour combos! So of course, I just had to create a sweet treat to satisfy my jaffa loving tastebuds. This fudge fits the bill – it’s super easy to make and totally delicious! I keep mine in the freezer and pull out a couple of pieces each morning for an afternoon treat later that day.
100g dried dates
50g desiccated coconut
20g cacao powder
½ tsp vanilla powder
Pinch of fine Himalayan salt
15 drops orange essential oil (ensure it’s a quality brand, safe to use in food)
1. Soak dates in boiling water to soften.
2. Line a slice tin with grease proof paper.
3. Blitz cashews, macadamias and coconut together in your food processor, high speed blender or Thermomix until the mixture is smooth and spreadable like a nut butter.
4. Drain dates and add to mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Blitz until well combined and smooth.
5. Press mixture into slice tin and freeze until set.
6. Cut into slices and store in the fridge or freezer.
Kirsty Underwood is a healthy food and lifestyle expert for busy people who struggle to find the time or inspiration to eat well. Through her scrumptious wholefood recipes and transformative coaching style she shows you how to make food fun, uncomplicated and super healthy. While still tasting ah-maaaazing!
When she's not sharing her infectious passion for health - you'll find her seeking sunshine, embracing her inner hippy, getting lost in nature or enjoying something chocolatey.
You can meet Kirsty over at www.vitalitykitchen.com.au or on Facebook.