By Kirsty Underwood of Vitality Kitchen
These bars are so moreish! They remind me of LCM bars except way better. They make a great nut-free lunch box snack for kids too.
5 heaped tbsp hulled tahini
4 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups brown rice puffs
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup marshmallows, chopped roughly into 1cm cubes
Here's what you do...
1. Mix the tahini, honey, coconut oil and vanilla in a pan on a low heat until all melted together.
2. In a large bowl mix the rice puffs and coconut together then pour in the melted liquid and stir until combined. You may also need to get your hands in there to bring it all together but be careful as the mixture may be hot.
3. Finally, add the marshmallow and roughly stir through.
4. Press the mixture into a lined slice tin and place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
5. Cut into bars and store in the fridge.
NOTE: You can make your own marshmallows, although I will admit I haven’t mastered the art of this yet! I love the Organic Times Vanilla Mallows instead, which I’ve found at most health food stores.
Kirsty Underwood is a health and happiness expert, integrative nutrition coach and food consultant. She works 1:1 with people who want to shake up their health and discover jump-out-of-bed-in-the-morning happiness.
Through her coaching and scrumptious wholefood recipes she shows you how to make food fun and life less complicated. When she’s not spreading the health word or hanging out in her kitchen, you’ll find her seeking sunshine, getting lost in nature or enjoying something chocolatey.
Get social with Kirsty on Facebook or Instagram @vitalitykitchen.com.au. Or meet her over at www.vitalitykitchen.com.au.