By Kirsty Underwood
I have a love affair with these cookies. And so does everyone who tries them because they're just the right amount of soft, chewy, crumbly and sweet.
It's kinda hard to believe they're free from nuts, gluten, dairy AND refined sugar yet they taste so damned good. Perfect for the kiddies lunch box and pretty much any occasion. ;)
Yes, there a few steps to make them but it is SO worth it.
100g coconut oil, melted
150g coconut sugar
1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
75g quinoa flour
75g gluten free self raising flour
100g dairy free chocolate chips
(You can get some of these ingredients delivered from The Organic Butler)
Here's what you do...
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius and line a baking sheet with paper.
2. Whisk coconut oil and coconut sugar together in your food processor, blender or Thermomix until creamy.
3. Add flax egg, vanilla and salt and then mix until smooth.
4. While the appliance is still running, slowly add the flours until well combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon or on reverse in your Thermomix.
6. Cover your cookie dough and chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
7. Remove dough from fridge, scoop spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 mins until a slight crust has formed but the cookies are still a little soft.
8. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Kirsty Underwood is a health and happiness expert, integrative nutrition coach and food consultant. She works 1:1 with people who want to shake up their health and discover jump-out-of-bed-in-the-morning happiness.
Through her coaching and scrumptious wholefood recipes she shows you how to make food fun and life less complicated. When she’s not spreading the health word or hanging out in her kitchen, you’ll find her seeking sunshine, getting lost in nature or enjoying something chocolatey.
Get social with Kirsty on Facebook or Instagram @vitalitykitchen.com.au. Or meet her over at www.vitalitykitchen.com.au.